Lighting is an essential need in everyone’s home and provides both aesthetics, and safety. To ensure that you get the most out of your lighting, you will need to make sure that all the lighting is properly installed by a qualified lighting electrician.
There are many types of lights that can work with different bulbs, such as fluorescent, halogen or LED and the lighting electrician will be able to make sure that the fittings are the correct fittings to work with the bulbs that you are using. Once installation is completed, the lighting electrician will test the lights to ensure that the whole electrical system is working, as it should.
Lighting maintenance and servicing can be done on either residential or commercial properties. Commercial lighting systems are generally larger and more complicated, which makes it difficult or even unsafe to simply be a DIY project.
Here is a list of lighting maintenance services you may need:
- Inspect the lighting on a regular basis
- Give advice on how to improve the lighting and make it more energy efficient
- Make adjustments to the lighting to ensure that the workplace or building is safe to use
- Repair flickering lights (these are annoying and can actually be a health hazard)
- Ensure that the wiring to the lighting is in good condition and not damaged in any way
- Replacing light globes that have burnt out
- Clean any fittings that have become dirty (dirty fittings affect the quality of the lights and can affect how well they run)
It is vital that a qualified, licensed and insured lighting electrician does maintenance or installations of any lighting for your estate. If you hire a handyman company, ensure that the handyman company uses qualified electricians to do the work. By doing this you will ensure that the work is done in the safest manner possible, and you’ll have confidence in knowing that the work has been done right the first time round.
At Pegaxis, we prioritise the qualities which you think a lighting electrician should possess and we find you the most suitable lighting service provider to do the job. No job is too big or small.
If you need the help of one of the best lighting contractors and electricians in Singapore, just register as a property manager on Pegaxis today and submit your request for quotations! Browse our website for more information.